2018 U.S., CGTF CUPS TO BE PLAYED CONCURRENTLY AT SPECTACULAR TOURIST DESTINATION
The USGTF has a history of, well, making history, and 2018 adds to that legacy as the 23rd annual United States Golf Teachers Cup and the 2nd annual United States Senior Golf Teachers Cup will be held outside the United States for the first time. Ussher’s Creek Golf Course at Legends on the Niagara in Niagara Falls, Ontario, will host the event Tuesday and Wednesday, October 2-3, with Monday, October 1, offering a special team event. Niagara Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural features, but the area itself boasts numerous tourist amenities. Casinos, nature trips, dining and shopping are but a few of the activities available outside of golf and observing the Falls.
A notable aspect will be added as the CGTF Cup, the national championship event of the Canadian Golf Teachers Federation, will be played concurrently at the same venue with winners taking home both federations’ respective championships.
As an added bonus, on Monday, October 1, the Can-Am Blind Partner Fourball Championship will be held. This event is designed to be a fun day. However, it has the potential to meet several objectives both organizations value in any of our hosted events. We wish to create new networking opportunities for everyone, so by replacing a typical practice round with this format, we feel you will have a chance to learn from random colleagues more advantageously than you would from playing with the same group as in years gone by.
– The U.S. and CGTF Cups are open to all golfers, both men and women
– The U.S. Senior Cup is open to golfers 50 and over with Senior (50+), Super Senior (60+) and Legends (70+) divisions
– The CGTF Cup also has a Senior and Super Senior division. All Senior and Super Senior players are eligible to win the U.S. Senior Cup
– Note: Women playing in the Open division in the U.S. Cup will be eligible to win the U.S. Cup but not be eligible to win the CGTF Cup, as the CGTF Cup requires all competitors to play from the same tees if they are in the Open division.
Recommended hotels, priced highest to lowest, include Marriott on the Falls Hotel, Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa, Clifton Victoria Inn and Skyline Hotel. To book, simply mention that you are playing in the tournament and you will receive the tournament rates.
For those wishing to arrive early, practice round rates are $80 (Canadian) prior to 3:00 p.m. and $59 after.
More tournament information, including hotel, practice round and registration, can be found at: http://www.cgtf.com/2018-cgtf-usgtf-teachers-cup/
Registrations due by September 1, 2018
– The entry fee is $395 (Canadian) and includes all golf October 1-3, practice balls, prize money, closing banquet and awards ceremony.
– To Register online, please click here.
– Entries may also be mailed to: CGTF, PO Box 1318, Trenton, Ontario, Canada K8V 5R9.
– Phone entries are accepted at: (905) 849-7254
We look forward to seeing you at this unique venture partnering the USGTF and CGTF!