2016 US CUP TO BE HELD IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ!
Arizona becomes the 10th state to host the United States Golf Teachers Cup, as Talking Stick Golf Club’s North Course in Scottsdale is the venue for the 21st annual edition Monday and Tuesday, October 10-11, commemorating 20 years since the inaugural event was held in 1996. Golfweek ranks the North Course as the 15th best public course in Arizona, and Golf Magazine calls it a “must-play” in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.
Talking Stick’s North Course was designed by the team of Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, two of the most prominent designers today. Their courses are highly acclaimed, and the North Course is no exception. According to Crenshaw and Coore, “The North Course, with its broad, angular holes, rewards thoughtful play through the rise of its many options according to one’s level of skill. Its low profile, slightly crowned greens and close-cropped approaches encourage running as well as aerial assaults.”
Five divisions will be contested: Open, Ladies, Senior (50+), Super Senior (60+), and Legends (70+).
• Senior and Super Senior divisions will be given a 10-yard per hole advantage compared to the Open division
• Ladies division will play at 85% of the Open division yardage, as recommended by the USGA for professional play
• Open, Ladies, Senior, and Super Senior divisions are eligible to win the overall championship
Also featured is a new tournament prize money structure where more places are awarded!
The field is limited to the first 112 participants who enter. Any subsequent entries will be placed on an alternates list. The tournament is open to all WGTF members in good standing who are Certified Golf Teaching Professionals® or Master Golf Teaching Professionals®.
Practice rounds are available October 7-9 after 12:00 noon for a discounted rate of $49 plus tax. To arrange a time, please call the pro shop at (480) 860-2221. The USGTF has also contracted with LaQuinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale, located at 8888 E. Shea Blvd. in Scottsdale, to provide a special tournament rate of $83 plus tax per night. This rate is good for the nights of October 8 through October 12, and must be booked by Friday, September 16 by calling 1-480-614-5300 (please note that this is different than the tournament entry deadline).
The entry fee of $450 includes:
• Discounted practice rounds prior to the event
• Opportunity to meet and network with your fellow professionals
• Meet & Greet Sunday, October 9, with a putting contest featuring $500 in prizes
• Two tournament rounds with practice balls before and after play
• Closing banquet and awards ceremony
• Prize money to the top finishers (guaranteed 20% of the field paid)
• $100 non-refundable cancellation fee after September 26
• Entry Deadline extended to September 30 at 4:00pm EDT